Pitch Wars announced their mentor mentee picks. Didn’t get in? Neither did I. Neither did lots of great writers. Neither did some of those who are mentoring. It hurts. It’s okay to pout and be disappointed.
Then if you’re a #YA writer and still want a mentor, check out #YA4YA.
Our submission window is open through October 15, 2018.
Here’s how to apply:
To apply for YA4YA, please send an email to YA4YAproject@gmail.com with:
- A selection of mentors in the body of your email;
- Please choose at least two mentors;
- You may include a third mentor if you wish;
- A query letter with the title, genre and word count of your work in the body of your email;
- Your first 25 pages or 3 chapters, whichever comes first, attached to the email in a Word document;
- A synopsis, 1-2 pages, attached to the email in a Word document.
Please make sure your subject line reads: YA4YA application – TITLE – GENRE – NAMES OF YOUR CHOSEN MENTORS.
Sample: YA4YA application – CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE – YA FANTASY – A.J. Celis and Jules Archer
Upon sending your email, you should receive an automatic reply confirming receipt. If not, please try re-sending, or if you still don’t get it (please check your spam box first), tweet to @YA4YAproject.
Mentees will be announced November 1st, so keep an eye on the YA4YA Twitter account!
Do you know about Save the Cat?
Follow agents and editors on Twitter. They give tips all the time.